What are MINT Threads?
MINT stands for Minimally Invasive Nonsurgical Thread and are a popular minimally invasive alternative to surgical facelift procedures. In a thread lift, threads are inserted underneath the skin to instantly and effectively lift sagging skin. The threads are mainly used on the face and the neck, but can also be used to lift skin on the body.
MINT PDO threads are the latest innovation from South Korea. They have several distinct advantages over other threads. MINT PDO is a heavy gauge barbed thread. The heavier gauge and patented barbs allow the threads to give more lifting and lasting hold than weaker threads. Like all PDO threads, it also promotes collagen in the treated areas and dissolves 6-9 month after insertion, with lifting effects lasting for at least one year or more.
Advantages of the Thread Lift
- Instant lifting:People love the instant lift of sagging skin that takes years off the face and neck.
- Natural results:Natural yet noticeable results can be achieved with the thread lift. There’s no worry of looking“ over-pulled” or “wind-blown” as with a surgical face lift.
- Non-Surgical:Since the procedure doesn’t involve any cutting and incisions, it doesn’t leave any permanent scars like traditional facelift surgery.
- Minimal downtime:Because the procedure is far less invasive than a surgical facelift, the downtime is very minimal. Most people are able to return to work soon after the procedure.
- Collagen stimulation:The threads stimulate your own skin to gradually produce more collage in the treatment areas over several months. You not only get the benefit of an instant lift, your skin also gets firmer and tighter over time!
- Cost-effective:Thread lift is a very cost-effective way to achieve a more youthful appearance compared to other aesthetic procedures, like Ultherapy.
- Safety:The thread lift procedure is very safe. In fact, it can be even safer than dermal fillers. Although very rare, dermal fillers have a chance of being injected into blood vessels, which can result in skin necrosis or other major side effects. Since the threads are thin, they don’t have the potential to block blood flow in vessels. Also, since the procedure is done under local anaesthetic, it doesn’t carry the risk of general anaesthesia used in a traditional surgical facelift.
MINT PDO thread is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require general anaesthesia nor big incisions for your patients. There are tiny barbs strategically placed and moulded all around the thread. Once the threads are placed into the skin, the barbs anchor onto sagging skin, and the thread can be maneuvered to achieve a naturally youthful and defined look.
There are two main categories of PDO threads: non-barbed and barbed:
|Mono-filament (smooth) threads||Unilateral vs bilateral|
|Braided (twist, screw) threads||Uni-directions vs bi-directional vs z-type|
|Cutting barbs vs molding barbs|
Not only can it improve the appearance of sagging skin, PDO (polydioxanone) can also help promote the stimulation of collagen and neovascularization, which helps to improve skin elasticity, texture, fine lines, and volume for a timeless rejuvenation.
The thread lifting procedure does not involve surgery. It is a minimally invasive and very safe and effective in-office procedure with little downtime—especially when performed by an experienced surgeon.